Statements of Purpose
- To provide a challenging learning environment that is a model of innovation and excellence in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM), which maximizes individual potential and ensures students are well-equipped to meet the challenges in the world around them.
- The mission of the Lithia Springs High School STEM Academy is to prepare students, through rigorous and relevant interdisciplinary problem-based content, to be productive and successful citizens of the 21st century’s global society by developing a strong work ethic, higher-order thinking skills, critical knowledge in the STEM fields, and advanced problem solving skill sets.
Statements of Purpose
- To provide a complete educational foundation based on proven methods of instruction, rich and challenging content, engaged learning, authentic connections, and the use of technology.
- To help students develop strong interpersonal, communication, research, and technical skills necessary to compete in an ever changing global society.
- To have and communicate high academic, social, and ethical expectations for all students.
- To foster mastery of both knowledge and skills utilizing all available resources (i.e. field experiences, lab experiments, class trips) to ensure all students receive individual attention and achieve academic excellence.
- To inspire and motivate underserved students to pursue STEM education and careers.
- To inspire our community through recognition of the achievements of underrepresented minorities and other role models in STEM
- To collaborate and cooperate nationally within the STEM community
- To build partnerships with community stakeholders which will strengthen our program and enhance the lives of our students.
- Parents are the first and primary teachers. They are responsible for their children's basic needs and values.
- Schools provide a safe, positive, organized setting with clearly defined behavior expectations.
- Effective character education enhances the academic program.
- Knowledge and application of current technology prepares students for tomorrow's world.
- When school climate is safe, and content is highly challenging, accelerated learning takes place.