Not sure which special forms you need to complete? Use the Intel ISEF Rules Wizard to help you figure it out!
- Regulated Research Institutional/Industrial Setting Form 1C - If work was conducted anywhere except home or school, this form is needed. It is signed and dated by the Supervising Adult at the Institution AFTER experimentation.
- Qualified Scientist Form 2 - Needed if: 1) student is working with potentially hazardous biological agents and/or DEA controlled substances, 2) human studies, 3) studies with vertebrate animals. The qualified scientist must sign and date this form prior to the start of experimentation.
- Risk Assessment Form 3 - Needed for projects using hazardous chemicals, activities or devices and microorganisms exempt from pre-approval. The designated supervisor (adult sponsor) or qualified scientist must date and sign this prior to experimentation.
d) Human Participants Form 4 - Needed for projects involving humans not at a regulated research institutions. This includes use of surveys and questionnaires. The SRC/IRB chair (Elaine Wood) signs before experimentation.
- Form 5A for Animal Research done at home, school, or field - IF a students uses vertebrates they must meet with the SRC before beginning their project. There are a multitude of forms associated with this.
- Hazardous Biological Agents Form 6A - Required for research involving microorganisms, rDNA, tissue, blood, bodily fluid, etc. If a student uses any of these things, they must meet with the SRC before beginning the project. Note: Experiments with mold can only take place if the mold is destroyed once growth begins.
- Human and Animal Tissue Form 6B - If a student uses any of these things, they must meet with the SRC before beginning the project.
- Continuation Form 7 - Needed for projects that extend work from previous years. This is completed by the student prior to the experiment and goes with the Research plan.